Ty & Em

Ty & Em

Sunday, July 18, 2010

little update...

it's been a while since I wrote anything, so here is a little update on what we've been up to. This whole week (minus Tuesday when we spent the day with Cindy) we went to Vacation Bible School at our church. The kids each had a class and I had a class! They did a Bible study/cooking class for mom's. It was really fun and I'm glad I went. The kids had fun as well. Emily did good with her potty training there until the last day and then she had an accident. She still a little slow getting to the potty when she has to pee. Getting to VBS everyday was a little tough because it started at 9am and most days I had to do the barn before we went. The one day I just fed and turned out and then did the stalls when we got back around 1pm. So it was a long and busy week and when Saturday came around we didn't go anywhere! Well, Curt had to work but the kids and I didn't do much. When we went to the barn in the afternoon, I put the kids in their bathing suits and let them play with the hose in the washstall. It's just been so hot and this keeps them happy and cool while I do the barn. We also had put the horses out for half a day and then gave them all baths to cool them off when they came in. Tyler even helps with the hosing of the horses. Then for dinner I wanted to make a Quiche from a recipe I got at VBS, and I was even putting in onions! Which I would never do but when I had it at VBS I thought it tasted great. Well, I should have left them out! It was too much onion for me, maybe I just didn't chop it fine enough. It tasted good, I just don't like the "crunch" of the onion! And then today the kids and I went to church and while Curt did the barn for me and then just hung out for the rest of the day. Tomorrow it is back to swimming lessons! So more running around for two weeks and we still want to get to the ocean and a water park before summer is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment