Ty & Em

Ty & Em

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Horses, horses, horses...

I leave my horse off for the winter, and now the kids pony too. But every spring I get the itch to start working them again. I can't wait to get them shed out and start trying to find time to ride. And so far this winter has been more like early spring. I am already getting the itch. Maybe it's because last summer I got to ride a lot more then I have in a long time and it wasn't even my own horse. I got to ride two very nice, well trained jumpers. Ah, just like the old days! When i worked as a groom I got to ride alot and it spoils you when you get to ride really nice horses. My own little pinto is a very green,8 coming 9 year old! I really need to find more time for him, because I think he'll become the kid's horse. He knows the basics but I just haven't given him enough time under saddle. Maybe this year...But as always by fall, I can't wait to pack it up for the winter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment