Ty & Em

Ty & Em

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas is coming...

and I am not ready yet! I am almost done shopping. Maybe one more outing?? I have all my cookies to make still, I have yet to do Christmas card (and I am seriously thinking about skipping them this year) I have about half my wrapping done (I ran out of tape, but now I have more I've run out of steam!)
Th kids are excited, but not behaving as if Santa is watching however!! Emily said to me that she might be on the good list and the naughty list. Then she asked Curt how to get off the naughty list!!
We made a gingerbread house this year. I just bought a kit that had everything included, you just have to mix up the frosting, and even though it came with a bunch of candy we also added left over halloween & holiday parade candy that no one was eating. It was alittle harder to do then I thought even with it all being premade! First the squeeze bag they gave me for the icing had several pin holes in it so it was squirting out everywhere. (Thankfully I have better, reusable bags with metal tips.) Then because we were doing it in the kitchen (with the wood stove going full blast) the icing wasn't getting hardened and things kept drooping. Eventually we got it going well and looking good. Tyler and I did most of it, Emily lost interest and wanted to sample the candy instead. Tyler just wanted to eat the icing!

By the way the wood stove is awsome! Our house had never been warmer! It is t-shirt weather in the kitchen and it really does help keep the whole house warm! I don't think we could have used it much sooner, however, the kids are at the right age where they understand and repect the heat. Tyler however accidently forgot and touched it twice but has since learned his lesson.

Sylvester enjoying the fire when the kids are in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment