Ty & Em

Ty & Em

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Story from a few days ago.

So on Thursday while Emily was in school it was just me and Tyler doing the barn. Well, me doing the barn and Tyler playing in the run-off creek that runs along our path to the ring. In case you don't know we live in black bear country (Sussex county NJ) and we have occasionally seen bears in our yard. So being the beginning of spring is here and bears are about again I called down to Tyler to be on the look out for bears. Well not 2 minutes later I hear him screaming like something is really wrong. So I drop what I am doing and run to where he is (he is still screaming so I can't even ask what is wrong until I get to him) but I am imagining a bear of course! Turns out he stepped on a huge nail from an old fence board and it went through his winter boots and into his foot. I think it nearly went all the way through! There was a little blood, which upset him as much as the pain, I think. So we cleaned it out and put medicine and a bandage on it. Then he just sat while I finished the barn. We called the doctor but they said his tetanus was up to date so just keep it clean and keep and eye on it. Luckily on Friday he only had a half a day so there wasn't gym class (his favorite which he wouldn't have wanted to miss). So far so good, it looks to be healing fine and it seems to be hurting him less and less. It always something....

No comments:

Post a Comment