Ty & Em

Ty & Em

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

To stitch or not to stitch...

that was a question today! Emily some how got bit by Spencer when I was around the corner this morning. But the mark was a small slit, not what you would expect for a bite. When I first saw it I thought it might need a stitch, but then I thought it didn't look that bad and we just cleaned it up and put a band aid on it. Then we went to swimming lessons. Emily was a little teary and looking at me a bit, so I had to pretend I wasn't watching. She did just about everything she was asked to do though. Tyler was doing great and then he took in a mouth full of water and nearly threw up (but he didn't) and then he got right back in and right back under the water. Oh and we got goggles for today too! Then when we stopped at A&P on the way home I noticed Emily's band aid was full of blood so I took it off and her cut had opened up again. This time I knew we had to see the doctor. So when I called to make an appointment they said if it needed a stitch, that she would have to go to the ER because they don't do stitches. But they would looked at her if I wanted because if not stitches they could put on a Steri-strips bandage to keep it closed. Well first they started telling me she needed to see a plastic surgeon!! I was not thrilled by that! So after two doctors looked at her and a phone call to a plastic surgeon, we got the steri-strips! But now she has to keep it dry for 5 days! We are still going to try swimming lessons tomorrow because then she is done for the week and Monday (when lessons start again) is when they can come off. And besides she doesn't go under. I am going to put something over the area to help keep it from getting splashed. But we are postponing Fridays trip to the water park. Hopefully it will heal well, but it is close enough to her hairline, I don't think it will be an issue. Pictures to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment