Ty & Em

Ty & Em

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day tomorrow...

I look forward to the Mother's Day when my kids can do all the work for me! Oh well, barn work and the rest tomorrow for me as usual! Curt is on his way home from another Florida trip. Today was a crazy day! First it looked like it was going to pour so I left the horses in but only sprinkled. Then it started to clear up but they said it was going to get really windy, so I put the horses out. It took a while for the wind to start and I was looking forward to going to watch the Grand Prix at the Garden State Horse Show at the local fairgounds. The kids and I finished the barn early and packed up some food for our dinner and as we were getting on the road we saw a tree had come down on the edge of our property and into the road a little. It is actually a tall tree but the majority of it is laying in the woods. So I guess the wind had started. Off we go to the show and when we get there we see police, firetrucks and a log jam of horse tractor trailers. I guess the wind was pretty bad and they saw one of the big tents (for temporary stalls) was getting loose or something because they got all the horses out and then it ripped. So then they had to take the whole thing down. They cancelled all the showing for the day and then later when I got home I heard they evacuated all the tents and cancelled the show for tomorrow too. So that is the end of that! No Grand Prix this year! Oh well, at least I got to avoid running into my former boss or his wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment