Ty & Em

Ty & Em

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Still trying to dig out...


the snow is overwhelming! Curt has us almost all dug out he just has to finish around the barn. He probably would have finished it today but he has a sore throat/headache and a cough, so he is not feeling great. The kids still have a cough but they are getting better not worse. Today was a tiring day! just trying to get all the horses out was major job. I had to trudge through knee deep snow down hill carrying a shovel and dragging a hay net behind I had to dig out around the gates to be able to close them when the horses were out. I only put the two young horses out down below, I figured they could run around and mat down some of the snow, so that tomorrow I could get the older horses out there. I didn't want to make the old timers struggle in the deep snow, especially up and down the hill. And I'll tell you, just getting the hay out and the two horses out was enough to exhaust me! I wished I had snowshoes! Oh and I got the second horse out and I realised I forgot to shovel out his gate and here I was already tired, no shovel (I had brought it back up to the barn) and a young horse eager to get out! So I decided to just let him go and I kicked the snow with my boots and pulled and pushed the gate enough to get it shut but that was tiring too! The young horses were very excited to run and play in the deep snow, I think they will sleep good tonight! I did get all the other horses out for a couple hours in a small paddock right off the barn. Tomorrow will be tougher, the dumpster is really full and I'll have to trudge through the snow to the old manure pile, Curt has to work and I really should get all the horses out all day, there is no good reason not to, except I'll be dead on my feet when I'm done!!!

P.S. Mulch was around all day and back to normal, I don't know what spooked her yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment